Our CGHL community has enjoyed great success because we have been blessed with stop-at-nothing community builders (many who have been with CGHL since we were founded over 10 years ago). These charismatic organizers raise their hands to say, “There’s work to be done. I’ll lead the way!”
Community Builders are crucial for the success of our local programs and the CGHL and it’s with great pleasure that the CGHL will recognize our outstanding volunteers.
Qualities / Criteria:
• Often, a humble volunteer who always acts upon the needs of the CGHL community without being asked.
• Have volunteered in the CGHL and/or a CGHL local program for many years.
• Go above and beyond what is expected of them.
• Humble and do not seek recognition
• Passionate about our CGHL community.
As Lao Tzu says, “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.”
In some years there may be more than one recipient, but this highly prestigious award shall only be bestowed when nominees are clearly deserving.